Monday, February 9, 2009

winter wonderland

Maybe my post this time is a bit late, but that's okay. I still want to write it down, because this is the story of my first snow!! ^o^

Maybe many people have already know that there's a big snow storm in UK this week. It was a rare condition. This is the first big snow in Uk since several years ago. There's many stories spread across country from TV and radio about the snow.
I have a story about it too!

It was on the 2nd of February, the first day of snow. I have book an appointment with the Biometric Centre in Croydon that day. I'm going to extend my student visa, so I have to give my biometric data for one of the requirement. Despite of the big snow, I still can manage to go there safely. With severe transportation condition of course. For example, almost all of the train in Victoria Station(London) was suspended. Just one that could go but only to several destination. I'm supposed to be going from Victoria to West Croydon station, but because of the snow ,the only choice I had was East Croydon station. From East Croydon to the Biometric Centre I should walk for about 25 minutes in snow on a very slippery road. In normal weather it only takes 10 minutes!!
When I get there, it was closed due to the bad weather.

Hmmm.. I've thought about it in the first place, but because of everybody insisted me to try (as far as I can to get there) I still decided to go. Well.. at least I've tried my best =)
Beside of my pointless effort ;b I got a new friend! We went back to London together. We're really lucky actually. The train that bring us from Victoria to East Croydon was still there. They cancelled their further journey because of the bad weather. So we're riding the same train one way and return =)

The morale is, despite of a very unfortunate event, still there will be a good point in it. Just try the best you can do, and you'll regret nothing ^_^

Here's some picture of the snowy day. This is my very first snow, It was really fun, like a winter wonderland ^_^


P.S. Me and my boyfriend made our first snow man too. It looked like Charlie Chaplin though =D






2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Mima said...

mungkinkah ini yuli yang pernah ngajarin saya merajut dengan 2 tongkat di sofa basement happy people itu? kalo bener... YAAAAY!!! akhirnya uthuy bergabung juga juga di dunia blogger!! :)

February 9, 2009 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger petrushkabiel said...

kok mba mona bs lupa ma uthuy sih? ketauan dr komen mba mona pertama kali di blognya yuli resmi amat....hahahahahahaha....
nice of you can feel what's the snows like...tengkyu yah udh dibagi crita dan fotonya...seru d, aduh kalian berdua keliatan amatirannya yah dlm bikin boneka salju...rajin berlatih ya biar besok2 keliatan ky yg di pelem2...huahahahahahahaha, tapi bagus...you guys bnr2 pasangan art ;)

February 10, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home